Monday, November 18, 2013

Lithography Prints




I took a Lithography workshop over the weekend in Independent Editions printers. The image is created by using crayons and inks with a high grease content drawn in reverse onto a fine grained piece of limestone. The stone is then chemically treated to leave an imprint of the image on the stone. The inks are then applied and a page is placed on top of the stone and rolled through the printer to create the final image. The whole process took two days and was very enjoyable. If you want to find out more, click on the link.

3 comments:

Hamorhage said...

Are you going to do more work using this technique now? When are you back man?

Unknown said...

Hey Dave. It was a workshop that I took in printing so I doubt I will make another design using this process again for a while. I will be back after Christmas too I reckon

Hamorhage said...

Pretty cool regardless, I think there are probably places where you can go to borrow the equipement but I doubt it's for free unless you could join a printmaking group? Anyway, hopefully see u soon at work or at the christmas party!